- This event has passed.
Sushi + Doobie Rolling Workshop – Culver City
February 23 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm$200.00 – $250.00
Love will not only be in the air but in the food when Mary Jane University’s High Dining presents its signature Sushi + Doobie Rolling Workshop on Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 4:00 pm in Culver City. The student body will be immersed in the finer points of rolling both cannabis joints and sushi during this educational foodie workshop. Scheduled instructors are sushi Chef Victor Miller and renown cannabis activist and author Keiko Beatie; live music from rapper MC Flow and DJ Jack Pharaoh also add cachet to the curriculum. We’re bringin’ sexy back with an elective course with Ashley Manta, The CannaSexual. Co-produced by the Banana Bros, makers of the OTTO.
High Dining is acclaimed for producing high culture, low-dose cannabis events which artfully intertwine refined cuisine with education and eclectic atmosphere. The Sushi + Doobie Rolling Workshop provides an entertaining twist on learning to cook in a socially relevant way – with cannabis education! “This event has all the ingredients for The Perfect Date Night”, states High Dining Founder and Chief Experience Creator Barbie Sommars.
Your enROLLment includes:
- Pass Appetizers:
Loch Etive Steelhead Sashimi (with garlic chip, micro chives and infused meyer truffle)
- Infusion: Pot d’ Huile CBD-infused extra virgin olive oil (non-euphoric)
Albacore Sushi (with wasabi salsa and freshly ground sesame)
- Infusion: Pot d’ Huile strain-specific extra virgin olive oil 2.5mg THC/serving. (non-infused/non-euphoric option available)
Maki Roll Mix (Tekka Maki with negi and Salmon skin roll with shiso & gobo)
- Infusion: True Terpenes limonene-infused ponzu sauce. (non-euphoric)
- Professional Education from Keiko Beatie: Hands-on demonstration on how to roll a doobie, including choosing the right cannabis flower to pair with your meal, proper grind, rolling technique, etc. Students are rolling with Lemon Fire OG from Arcanna Flowers and Blaze Papers by Shinepapers.
- Professional Education from sushi Chef Victor Miller: Hands-on demonstration on how to roll a Spicy Tuna Roll (vegetarian option available), including a sushi history lesson, tips on where to find (and how to know if it’s good) fish, an understanding of dosing, choosing the right infusion to pair with your meal, preparing sushi rice, etc. Students have a choice of infused or non-infused sauce. infusion: Pot d’huile strain-specific extra virgin olive oil 2.5mg THC/self-serve sauce portion.
- Taste and smoke your labors
- CBD-infused desserts by Grass Fed Bakery
Satsuma Dark chocolate Mousse (silky smooth chocolate, organic whipped cream and satsuma mandarins)
Matcha Marshmallow Treats (handcrafted paleo marshmallow, crispy brown rice and ceremonial grade matcha green tea)
- Earn extra credit by taking The Art of Hand Sex elective course with Ashley Manta, The CannaSexual
- LIVE entertainment served up by MC Flow and Jack Pharaoh
- Mary Jane University schools us on the OTTO, the world’s first mill, fill and chill machine. Make the perfect doobie every time. MJU Educators will be present and taking orders at the event.
- Sushi rolling supplies so you may do your “homework”. All students leave with their origami crane, makisu (rolling mat), grinder, lighter and more.
- Gift Bag of Goodness
- Origami Opportunity Prizes
- Sushi rolling supplies so you may do your “homework”. All students leave with their origami crane, makisu (rolling mat), grinder, lighter, rolling papers and more.
- Gift Bag of Goodness
- Origami Opportunity Prizes:
– 4 days 3 nights at Coral Cove Cannabis Resort in Jamaica (value: $1,200)
-Access to the Elevated Intimacy Academy Hand Sex Masterclass, an eight-week online course on hand pleasure, presented by Ashley Manta and Roxanne DePalma plus a bottle of Sliquid Silver lube shipped to your house. (value $325)
-1 hour dating strategy sesh from Molly Peckler of Highly Devoted
– Banana Bros OTTOs (value $129 ea.)
– Empire Glassworks Shrimp Nigiri pipes (value $80 ea.)
– Ganja Vibes Mary Jane Vibrator (value $79.69)
-Empire Glassworks Narwhal Dab Tools ($60 ea.)
–Green Bee Life wool hat (value 44.99)
-6-sheet king size Shine papers (value $45)
– Green Bee Life Hoodies (value $39.99 ea.)
Students enter the classroom to a warm traditional Japanese greeting from hostess and doobie rolling instructor Beatie, receive an origami crane, indulge in optionally cannabis-infused appetizers and tea and choose their class position depending on their level of study – “Teachers’ Pets” in the first row get a special prize and extra attention from the rolling instructors. In order to preserve tradition and ensure proper instruction, students must be able to stand at their rolling tables during lessons.
After instruction in doobie rolling from Beatie, and a hands-on lesson from Chef Victor Miller on the fine art of sushi rolling, students may choose to learn more about high tech gadgets in cannabis consumption now available courtesy of the instructors at Mary Jane University, rap along with the formidable MC Flow and her new hit ‘Rollin’ Up’, and immerse themselves in the tide of sound design emanating from Long Beach’s Controllerist, Jack Pharaoh. Students may earn extra credit by taking Ashley Manta’s elective course on the art of hand sex. An optionally infused dessert course will be offered and final sponsors for the event will be announced in the coming weeks.
Sushi + Doobie’s distinguished professor Chef Victor Miller was born and raised in the beautiful city of Seward, Alaska surrounded by natural skyscrapers and bountiful waters. Chef Miller has made sushi for over half his life, gracing such high profile events as the Stanley Cup, NBA finals, America’s Cup, Grammys and X-Games. The Dalai Lama, Larry David and Bill Gates are just a few of his notable past patrons.
Founded in 2016 in California by a collective of cannabis advocates and led by Barbie Sommars, High Dining conjures artistic, engaging events featuring the cannabis-infused cuisine of specialized chefs, in both public and private realms. High Dining’s mission is to produce responsible, educational and enchanting cannabis fine dining experiences. Having been featured in Rolling Stone, High Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Palm Springs Life Magazine and Green Bee Life. High Dining is widely recognized for two ongoing signature events: the award-winning Moonlit Moveable Feast and The Sushi + Doobie Rolling Workshop.
Join the High Dining Club! Membership is free and comes with advanced notice of events, premier gift bags, recipes and more.
*Sponsorships available – please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Mary Jane University – Cannabis with Class
Banana Bros – Makers of the Otto
Faerie Jane – Fine Cannabis inspired jewelry and accessories
Empire Glassworks – Vaping and smoking accessories
The event is in Culver City, CA. Exact address will be released to ticket holders 24 hours in advance. This event is strictly 21 and over.